14 March 2009

Sigh of Relief

So we got " The I Wish I'd Covered My Shorts Last Week" rally that everyone was hoping for. And what a rally it was with the financials and small caps ripping higher and all news interpreted as good news. Of course we've been here before and are aware that this new "positive outlook" can turn on a dime. I caught a good deal of the first portion of the leg up in BIDU and CME but underperformed the late part of the week not wanting to chase. I used a strategy of buying calls into weakness (as if there was any) and buying puts into strength. Fortunately the calls tripled in value as the puts only halved so net postive but not a week for hedging. So kind of kicking myself as this was a week for going for the throat and really left some money on the table. Anyway, the number one rule is staying in the game and we survived for yet another day.
I'll be off the turrets this coming week as I am in the process of switching brokers and that can take some time. So 100% in cash with no idea where we go next.

Positions: None.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that Samtrade fx login I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.